Purpose of the position
NRS Relief is currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager.
NRS Relief is a leading provider of core relief items, such as shelter solutions for refugee camps and emergency response situations. NRS addresses a wider set of stakeholders of the different markets including government and international agencies, NGO’s and private partners and companies with its products, messages and partnerships.
The marketing and communications manager is responsible for planning, developing and implementing marketing strategy, building the corporate and product brand/s and sustainability projects.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop NRS Relief marketing, PR and communication plan and ensure its proper planning and execution.
- Ensure alignment of departments strategy and goals with the overall business objectives of the company.
- Ensure NRS Relief communicates consistently, accurately, professionally and in accordance with its core values and mission to all its stakeholders.
- Ensure the management of marketing programs, brand image and product launches
- Establish and maintain a marketing information resource management facility
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with Business Development Department, provide situational and marketing strategic insight in regard to product development and ensure this department is fully enabled and supported with marketing materials and corporate communication
- Coordinate overall activities with the other departments in NRS Relief on an annual and monthly basis
- Contribute to the group strategy formation and board meetings
- Identify exhibitions, trade shows, conferences and all other events in UAE and abroad.
- Managing all internal and external events with clients and/or employees.
- Strengthen the reputation and increase awareness of NRS Relief with all stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate public relations and press announcements by NRS Relief with business partners and clients.
Sustainability and Data analysis
- Reporting on and analyzing our economic, environmental and social performance
- Implementing sustainability initiatives and partnerships that enhance our performance across these spheres
- Conduct risk analyses and feasibility studies of prospective markets and ventures
- Identify and form partnership able to contribute to the sustainability of our business
- Manage company’s engagement with UN Global Compact and other CSR networks
- Ensure that all members of the marketing team have clear roles, responsibilities and goals
- Manage departmental performance and competencies, including staff development and recruiting.
- Establish the Marketing and Communications budget to ensure appropriate and effective spend and report on its effectiveness.
- Ensure departmental SOPs are established and followed
- Participate as required in corporate governance structures
- Establish performance benchmarks and metrics system for the department
Required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Educated to degree level and evidence of further study and/or additional qualifications in marketing and/or communications
- At least 3 years’ experience of marketing and communications with a brand or brands of reputable standing
- Good knowledge and understanding of media, including social media
- CSR and sustainability knowledge is a plus.
- A track record of proven delivery, demonstrating both creative, strategic and analytical skills
- An ability to manage projects with two or more stakeholders using a collaborative and professional approach and to operate well under pressure
- An ability to work independently and take decisions – but know when to seek guidance ‐ and deliver to deadlines.
- Experience of managing budgets and maximizing their effectiveness
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to develop and articulate succinct business rationale supporting recommendations.
- Fluent written and spoken English – native speaker preferred
How to apply
Your application must include a comprehensive resume listing your full employment history, a list of educational qualifications, including where and when completed. Please apply by email ONLY at firstname.lastname@example.org and write APPLICATION – MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER in the subject header. No faxes/phone calls/regular mail will be considered.