NRS International attends MEPRA Awards Gala for #LoveCoats nomination
Last night we attended an awards ceremony hosted by the Middle East Public Relations Association (MEPRA), the leading public relations awards program in the Middle East. We were nominated for the Social Responsibility and Environmental PR category for our CSR-driven #LoveCoats project. We joined more than 200 public relations agencies and communications experts at the awards gala, held on 6 December, 19:00 at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
As the leading PR awards program in the region, MEPRA Awards is an annual celebration of creativity and innovation in the public relations and communication industry.
The MEPRA Awards program was judged by peers and acknowledges the best practitioners at the top of their game.
Weber Shandwick was named MEPRA Middle East Agency of the Year. Other key industry players who scooped the awards in many categories were Four Communications, Memac Ogilvy and H+K Strategies.
About the #LoveCoats project
Launched on World Refugee Day on June 20, 2017, the #LoveCoats project is a Corporate Social Responsibility-driven PR campaign to empower the young refugee girls at Za’atari camp through fashion and design. #LoveCoats is an initiative of our in-house CSR and Communications teams, in partnership with Professor Helen Storey, and is executed with the help of PR agency, JpD. The project is supported by UNHCR, IRD, Oxfam, Centre for Sustainable Fashion, JEN, and London College of Fashion, UAL.
The main objectives of our #LoveCoats project was to:
- raise awareness of the ongoing refugee crisis in the Middle East;
- create a lasting impact to improve lives of refugees, in this case the TIGER Girls;
- support the Year of Giving, an initiative by UAE President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan;
- promote Business 4 Peace, an initiative by the UN dedicated to catalyzing collaborative action to advance peace;
- advance the SDG agenda, in particular SDG No. 5 – Gender Equality;
- inspire our competitors in the humanitarian sector to engage in social good campaigns; and
- build our brand reputation as a committed, engaged, inspiring and socially responsible Dubai company.